Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Kite-design

I want to tell you about something that I’m doing in my downtime, when I’m not riding. Looking at the professional scene around the world you’ll find quite a few guys takeing advantage of their talents for thinks beyond kitesurfing. You’ll probably find photo- and video graphs which are using the eye that they developed to promote their brands and support their kiting habits. Now what I’m doing is something that always came natural to me, designing products.
I’ve already spend 10 years in school, hand drafting and about the same amount of time using computer programs. So the whole thing wasn’t new to me. A while ago I started the first designs for kite-bars just before I got into aerodynamics and kite-design. I remember being frustraded about the Gear I was riding, so I decided to make my own stuff!
The Sailing aerodynamics in general, fascinates me. It’s like watching birds fly and suddenly you come up with a new sailing shape. Understanding and combining this with my ability to ride waves and do freestyle it definitely sets me up for making good products. It also helped me develop a teaching technique which allows anybody to fully understand the behavior of a kite from the first lesson.
I guess the hole kiting experience had a very big influence on me. With the kite-design I am trying to set the course for what I’m doing later in life. I hope I can make it though and one day you`ll see some of my kites and boards flying by! 
I hope you like this and if so, share it with your friends and drop a comment on the button bellow.

9 comments:

tolios said...

on hangos.net ! Hang looose Florian!

Florian Scharscher said...

Thanks tolios!

Anonymous said...

Flo your going to go along way man...

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Florian Scharscher said...

Thanks man I really appreciate it!

Florian Scharscher said...

Thanks man!

Anonymous said...

hope the best for you! greets from venezuela!

Florian Scharscher said...

Thank you very much, un saludo de Australia!

Marcin said...

/hey man!
I really appreciate what you are doing! It's great to see someone who like kitesurfing and design. I was sailing since 4 grade of primary school and last year I started a kitesurfing course on Hel cape in Poland and in El Gouna, Egypt. Im a designer too (lamps, interiors, speakers, industrial filters production management). I just started with toy-kite for my son (unfortunatelly we destroyed it today b'couse of strong wind). So if you would like to change some experience feel free to contact me at marcin.saratowicz@gmail.com and http://marcinsaratowicz.pl Greets from Poland!

Post a Comment