Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Roadtrip Fuerteventura


One thing I always missed whilst being abroad was the Spanish lifestyle and the island life of the Canary Islands. I decided to go back to Fuerteventura on this road trip to see what's going on with kiteboarding and enjoy the island vibes. A couple of years ago I used to live in Tenerife a sister island located in the island chain of the Canary's. When ever I visited Fuerteventura I remember how stoked I was about riding here as well as being able to take little progression steps on every trip.



off to our first session with Wind Kristensson


Cotillo cliffs


Take a photo right here :-)

I started this trip on the north shore of the island in the town of Cotillo since there are plenty of good spots to ride here. I brought along my 9,11 and 13m Fuel kites with the Vision Board and Option bindings. The idea was to ride in different locations during this road trip and split my stay between the north and south of Fuerteventura. The south (Jandia) is where the VKWC kiteboarding world cup is held and marks a place I definitely want to visit for it's kilometers of flat water. I'm going to update this page as I go along so feel free to follow me on this trip.


Cotillo's wave and kite spots


Cotillo harbor a nice place to dine out


open air photo gallery

1 comments:

Fuerteventura said...

Last year we have been to Fuerteventura. We went there over the Christmas and New Year period We had great time specially at the beach. Food was average but overall experience was excellent.

Post a Comment